Go to news page
The ‘Tenant Fees Act 2019’ will come in to force for all tenancies commencing on or after 1st June 2019.
Below is a brief summary of the main points:
Tenants cannot be charged for the following:
- Charging for a guarantor form
- Check-in & check-out inventories
- Cleaning services
- Referencing (including but not limited to credit checks, right to rent checks etc.)
- Professional cleaning
- Having the property de-flead as a condition of allowing pets in the property
- Admin charges
- Requirements to have specific insurance providers
- Gardening services
- Maximum 5 weeks rent where the annual rent is below £50,000.
If you require any further information regarding the new legislation please do not hesitate to contact Taylor Gibbs.
BOOK A VALUATION
Or call us on 020 8341 0123