Value my property

Go to news page

Now that we're fast approaching week 12 of the PL 2017/18 season, the table is looking not too dissimilar to past years, with the exception of a few teams not being where they 'ought' to be. Here we focus on the current top 6 clubs in English football:

As it stands, the top spot is occupied by an unstoppable Manchester City side. Spanish manager Pep Guardiola has silenced his critics so far this season, following a fairly decent but overall underwhelming first season in charge in 2016/17 in which City finished 3rd, his side are now on 31 points - 8 points clear of bitter rivals Manchester United, and show no signs of slowing down.

Manchester United, however, aren't doing too badly either. Considering they've suffered two losses and a draw in the last five games, they're still on a respectable 23 points, sitting at 2nd on the table. United are showing signs of improvement following poor performances in the 2015/16 & 2016/17 campaigns, finishing 5th and 6th respectively. We'll have to wait and see what the 'Special One' has up his sleeve in order to fend off the stiff competition in the 3rd and 4th spots.

Tottenham are currently 3rd. It pains me to say that they'll probably be the only North London side in the top 4 by the end of the season - I'll touch on this later. To their credit, Spurs have shown real hunger so far and look an entirely different team compared to what we're used to seeing. Poch is fast becoming a class manager, and this reflects why they're currently joint 3rd with giants Manchester United.

In 4th and 5th we have Chelsea and Liverpool. Chelsea, currently on 22 points, look worlds away from their league winning ways last season, it seems as though Conte is struggling with an ageing team and the lack of decent summer transfers. Things aren't helped by persistent reports that Conte is already looking to return overseas. Similarly, Klopp's Liverpool are also struggling, with signs of unrest showing amongst their top players, in particular attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho after his wishes to move to Barcelona in the Summer were rejected.

Finally, going back to my point made on the North London clubs, Arsenal, once hailed as 'The Invincibles' in times long past, are a shadow of what they once were. Having finished outside the top 4 for the first time since the 1995–96 season, Arsenal look as though they're a club still in turmoil sitting in 6th, with two of their supposedly best players (Sanchez and Ozil) looking like they'll be leaving on a free transfer when their contracts end at the end of the season. It's anyone's guess where Arsenal will finish come the end of the season, but things aren't currently looking good.

BOOK A VALUATION
Or call us on 020 8341 0123